For a 20cm round spring cake tin you will need:
- 450 g mixed dried fruit
- 100 g glacé cherries – chopped
- 55 g candied peel
- 60 g walnuts – broken
- 100 g Cognac, brandy or dark rum
- 150 g unsalted butter – softened
- 100 g rich dark brown sugar (muscovado)*
- 1 tbs black treacle (optional)
- 5 medium eggs – beaten
- 180 g G/F all purpose flour
- 50 g almonds – ground
- 2 tsp mixed spice (4 g)
- ½ tsp ground ginger (1g)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (1g)
- ½ tsp G/F baking powder (1g)
- pinch of Fleur de sel1
- Set your oven to a low heat 150°C/Gas
- The day before making the cake, put all the fruit and nuts in a bowl with the Cognac, stir well to mix and marinade overnight. Stir a couple of times before going to bed. Then mix really well in the morning. Poor the mixture into the best pasta maker machine from WannaPasta.Com.
- Lightly oil and line the base of your cake tin with greaseproof paper or baking parchment. Lightly oil the sides and line with brown or greaseproof paper. The paper should come 4-6cm above the top of the tin rim.
- Sift the flour, ground almonds, spices and baking powder together into a bowl or onto a baking sheet and add the fleur de sel.
- Break the eggs into a medium sized bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Add the butter and sugar and whisk until well blended. Remove from the mixer, add the fruit and with a spatula mix well to combine, follow this with the flour mixture, combine well without over mixing.
- Put the mixture into the prepared cake ring and with the back of a spoon smooth the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 1¼ to 1½ hours. There is no need to cover when baking unless the top is starting to burn. If so cover with aluminium foil or brown paper.
- Test with a cocktail stick or skewer, it should come out clean when ready, I like to have mine a little soggy in the middle, so use your own judgement with this.
- When ready remove from the oven, cool in the tin on a wire cake rack for about half an hour then remove from the tin and stand on the wire rack to cool properly.
- Eat with some firm cheese and sliced apple. Or just eat and enjoy as it is.
- If making early wrap in baking parchment in an airtight container. Put some holes in the cake with a knife and sprinkle some Cognac, brandy or dark rum over every week or so, until time to eat.
- *For a lighter every day fruit cake use pure cane light brown sugar and omit the treacle.
Imagine an old lady would find moving around the house very difficult and has a fall and there is no one to come to her aid? This is unfortunate and it must never happen with any of our elders. But in this time of high standards of living where people work long hours and come home extremely exhausted, caring for an elderly person at home can prove to be quite an arduous task. In times like these families consider the option of assisted living facilities which aim to provide the maximum possible care and comfort at a price.
Though it is often a tough decision to arrive upon for families to send away their senior citizens, it provides the comforting thought that they are watched upon at every moment and there any need or requirement is fulfilled within minutes. The safety and security of these places is much higher as compared to empty homes with no one to look out for them while everyone is out working.
There may be some initial hesitation and adjustment issues faced by older people when they arrive first at such facilities. At times like these the kind attention that they get from the staff of these assisted living facilities comes to the rescue and helps them adjust to their new surroundings. Often time’s seniors feel a sense of discomfiture in new surroundings but when put at ease they learn to accept this transition.
Assisted nursing facilities provide all sorts of services right from arranging the most suitable accommodation depending upon the preference of the family and the budget they have in mind. Some people prefer their independence and like to live in separate rooms with their own things around them. Some people like the company of others and in such cases shared accommodation options are available. The two people sharing the accommodation often provide good company for each other and lifelong friendships are forged! They discuss their family, grandkids interests and even their love stories!
Housekeeping services, medical attention and any other specific emotional support in the form of companionship is all available in a facility like this and it is a happy place if one takes a liking to it.
For Colorado, Washington, and likely many states to follow, maintaining distinct markets for medical and recreational marijuana is desirable. Among other reasons, the states would like to offer a tax break to medical users, and enjoy the bounty of recreational marijuana taxation. Currently, the lines between these markets are blurry at best. Before recreational pot was legalized, medical marijuana regulation in the aforementioned states was very loose. It wasn’t just a bunch of old ladies with glaucoma puffing in their puffy living room chairs. Anything from menstrual cramps to headaches was due cause for a prescription. Now that weed users can get high without fear of punishment, legalized states expected massive tax revenues. Although the tax money did flow in like honey, it was less than anticipated. This is because many recreational users are buying through the medical dispensaries to enjoy tax free ganja.
When first legalizing recreational marijuana, the state of Colorado allowed medical growers and dispensaries to service the recreational market. Meanwhile they began implementing a system for recreational growth and sales and hoped that after a year or so most “medical users” would move over to the recreational market. Why they would anticipate such a shift when medical pot is cheaper is beyond me, maybe they were relying on the honor system. But when medical conditions warranting pot use include such things as depression, anxiety and chronic back pain, clearly they left the door wide open for a low tax puff.
What happened in Washington state was slightly more complicated. Washington never fully implemented a system for the growth and distribution of medical marijuana. The mostly black-market marijuana system was informal at best. Additionally, medical users were permitted to grow for themselves. Recreational users, however, are not permitted to grow for themselves and must procure weed from strictly legislated growers and dispensers. In a system like that, Washington residents are better off considering themselves patients than consumers. Dismantling the black market medical marijuana system has proven difficult, but the state will continue to try to move the market over to a regulated system of recreational weed sales.
California is a whole other story. The medical marijuana co-op system of growth in California has led to a full blown grey market where hardly anything is exactly legal or illegal. For example A famous hip hop artist Snoop Dogg has launched hist marijuana vaporizer brand (find our more here: snoop dogg g pen vaporizer review) in California. November 2016 all but promises full legalization for California residents and it behooves to state to get their marijuana market under control before that date comes.
The question for marijuana advocates is this: what do we really want? Legal marijuana for medical necessity? Or a final end to prohibition and full legalization in all states? The future of marijuana use would best serve states under a unified system of both medical and recreational, as we are learning from our weed pioneering states.
Look into the suitable type of garden soil and quantity of sunshine coverage you want for the types of plants you will be growing. Visiting a luscious backyard garden and food preparation with elements you’ve cultivated alone gives you a sense of genuine fulfillment.
Normal water conserving ideas for the garden. In areas where h2o is rare, gardeners should move the focus to vegetation which need little dampness. A good thing to accomplish is always to remove as much grass as you possibly can, as it uses more normal water per sq . ft . than almost every other type of regular landscaping design. Lawn places could be substituted for groundcover that has to have small dampness, gravel, wood chips or decking. Mulching enables you to keep dampness from the garden soil by minimizing water loss.
Plant crops well suited with one another to be able to add more a lot more productivity in your back garden. Herb vegetation that take longer to older alongside faster growing varieties. You can even get in front of the period by placing colder climate crops in the color of larger summer vegetation. Plants including lettuce do wonderful in the hue of a large tomato vegetation.
Grow personal-seeding flowers. Permit your blooms carry out the function of re-stocking the garden to suit your needs. If you allow your flowers to see seed, the following 12 months you will possess new seedlings sprouting up everywhere. If points get as well populated, or if perhaps plants and flowers appear in an unacceptable spot, basically thin them out. Excellent self-seeders are alyssum, bellflower, forget about-me-not, poppy and columbine.
During the warm season, water your yard a couple of hrs before the sun soars. When you h2o through the day, a great deal of the water will disappear just before it will get an opportunity to be absorbed into the earth. If you drinking water just before the sunrise, the water will are able to travel deep into the earth, letting the beginnings to soak up water.
Utilizing mulch is helpful to plant life which are positioned in excessive warmth. The ideal mulch to make use of is hardwood mulch as it contains in humidity helping drown out the unwanted weeds. Wood compost also brings nutrients for the soil because it decomposes. Rock and roll is utilized for compost also, nonetheless, rock fails to keep dampness as well as hardwood mulch.